Friday, October 9, 2009

Music To My Ears

Ringing


The big, giant, ring has a diameter equivalent to 300 Saturns lined up side to side. And it's thick too -- about 20 Saturns could fit into its vertical height.

It just seems amazing to me, how many new discoveries we are making in the 21st century. One of the ones I am researching for a future post; DNA and skeletal evidence shows that apes descended from humans!

I love to learn new things.

I Now Have A Lady Doctor

No, not Elizabeth Blackwell,
but I don't have a picture of Lynn McCallum, M.D., yet. I had an appointment with her October 6th, to get acquainted. I consider myself fortunate to have been accepted as a new Medicare patient. I will be seeing Kelie Mercier, FNP-C, who will be my nurse practitioner at Dr, Mc Callum's offices. Everyone was very nice to me, and the offices felt very comfortable.

I am happy to have
a Doctor, here in Redding. I have been scheduled for a bunch of tests and an appointment next month, as part of a complete physical. I will be glad to find out the state of my body. I can't remember when I last had a physical, so it should be an interesting adventure.

Funny Thing


Cattle amid the lupine along Highway 68. May, 2003.

I have had calls recently
from places in Carmel Valley where I had put in applications 3 years ago. My name finally made it to the top of the list, 2 years too late.

I would have turned cartwheels
at the news, in 2006, but I got lucky and was called to this place where I have become more enlightened, happy and healthy, than had I stayed in Monterey County. Carmel Valley is truly beautiful and inspiring, and I enjoyed beauty and inspiration for 16 years, there.

I love living in the here and now, in Redding.

"Doh!"


Coming to a news stand
near you. Oct 17th.

This is a Playboy magazine you really should keep in the dresser drawer. It is already being called a collectors item. When I think of what my original Marilyn Monroe Playboy would be worth today, I am tempted to rush out and buy one of the Marge Simpson Playboys and put it in a safe deposit box as my retirement fund.

Nobel Prize Winner


The world's people love our president.

This is a good thing.

The right wing lunatics are throwing tantrums.

Next week they will fuss and cry about something else.

I have some interesting projects in the works.

Life is good.

Peace is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment