Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Just Browsing, Thank You.

I Tried

Happy Shasta Phil 8/26/09

I was going to manage this blog from Safari, but it doesn't play well with Google Apps, so I am using Firefox now for both my blogspot blogs. I even tried composing the page on NeoOffice, and copying to blogger, but it took extra steps to get it to work. Copying the Google Docs page while in Safari didn't transfer the pictures to the Blogger editor, so that was a waste of time. Trying to compose the page with the Blogger editor while using Safari was unnecessarily clumsy and practically unmanageable. Images would not import to the cursor insertion point, but instead, would only appear at the top of the page. Moving them to their appropriate place on the page was a slow, step by step, dragging operation because it didn't recognize cut and paste. Sizing images required typing in dimensions rather than just grabbing the corner and making it bigger or smaller.

I use Safari sometimes to watch You Tube and Hulu just for variety, but overall Safari is pretty much useless.

It makes sense to use the programs that work best, (easiest, fastest, most intuitive, and do what you want them to), and it seems that the FF - Google combination works splendidly on the Mac. I have tried Firefox and Google on Windows, but like most things on Windows, it doesn't work without problems. Some of the best editing features are missing, it looks bad, feels wrong and discourages creativity with it's graphics proportions and annoying colors, (but that describes all Windows programs).

I am so glad
I use Apple computers, (even if I don't use their Safari Browser).

Violin Maker John


John Harrison plays his vintage Stratocaster. 8/26/09

John and I did a little rehearsing this afternoon at the violin shop. We are preparing for the Blues Festival, here in Redding. I am not sure which night we are scheduled to play, but I will find out tomorrow night at the Shasta Blues Jam. We shall see.

Playing For The Blues Society




If I don't give it everything I've got, why do it at all?

Here is a recording from the Blues Jam. Rick Larsen is playing the keyboard. John Harrison and Phil on guitars. Mark Mlcoch on bass, and Rocky Rossi on drums. The recording is from the tape out on the PA mixer.
Enjoy
I Dont Miss You by Phil Seymour

No comments:

Post a Comment